The Columbia-Greene Humane Society/SPCA will host its seventh annual Summer Paw Picnic on Saturday, August 14, 2010 from 11a.m to 4p.m. at Waldorf Farm in North Chatham, New York.
Schedule of Events
Beverages . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11 to 5 pm
Children’s Tent . . . . . . . . . . 11 to 5 pm
Hors d’oeuvres . . . . . . . . . . 11 to 12:30 pm
Barn Tours . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11:30 and 3:30
Gourmet Picnic Buffet . . . . 12:30 to 3 pm
Live Auction* . . . . . . . . . . . . 1:15 pm
Wildlife presentation . . . . . . 2 pm
Strawberry Shortcake . . . . . 3 pm
David Cassidy Concert 4:00 pm
*Live Auction Items (click here for photos of some of these items)
1. 1998 Sy Balsen photograph, 360 Degree Iris Digital Print of Spangler Bridge, Chatham Center. Donated by Charlene Marchand. Value: $250.
2. Mercury – Hurricane Lamp, 1890. Donated by Buddy’s Place Pet Crematorium and Memorial Shop. Value: $150.
3. Nassau Country Value/Ace/Agway Gift Card. Donated by Nassau Country Value. Value: $200.
4. Print “Schenectady Town.” Donated by Len Tantillo. Value: $150.
5. Private Dog Training Session, One Hour. Donated by Charlene Marchand/Taizé Shepherd Kennel. Value: $100.
6. Framed Print, “Nashua At Saratoga.” Donated by Charlene Marchand. Value: $150.
7. Handmade Cherry and Oak Wood Box, 18” x 7.5”, Glass Top. Donated by Ron Perez Sr. Value: $200.
8. Hudson Restaurant Gift Certificate Medley including DABA, Ca’ Mea, Spotty Dog Books & Ale, Cascades, Swoon, and Vico. Donated by each individual restaurant. Value: $315.
9. Framed Photo of Lighthouse by Joan Damiani. Donated by Joan Damiani. Value: $400.
10. Blue Tourmaline and Diamond Ring, 14K. Donated by Diane Snow and David Burns. Value: $100.
11. Folk Oil on Canvas by Sue Anderson. Donated by Sue Anderson. Value: $750.
12. Foursome of Golf with Golf Carts. Donated by Olde Kinderhook Golf Club (Private Course). Value: $568.
13. Antique Victorian Marble Top Table, c.1880. Value: $750.
14. Print on Canvas by Bonnie White. Donated by Bonnie White. Value: $165.
15. Antique Gambling Wheel, c. 1900. Donated by Greg McEldowney. Value: $350.
16. “Best In Show,” Ink and Gouache on Beach Oak Leaf by Ken Polinskie. Donated by Ken Polinskie. Value: $600.
17. Handmade Ceramic Bowl and Serung Plate by Jean Decker. Donated by Jean Decker. Value: $75.
18. Glass Block Sculpture, Etched. Donated by Sean and Mary Kelly. Value: $500.
19. Antique Oil Painting on Canvas, c. 1910. Value: $200.
20. Framed Oil Painting on Canvas, Signed “Uffi,” Dated 1934. Value: $250.
21. Oak Wall Clock, c. 1900. German With Westminster Chimes. Donated by Stissing Mountain Antiques. Value: $350.
22. Invisible Fence “Good Dog Package.” Donated by Invisible Fence of Northern New York. Value $1,379.
23. Outdoor Package With Lunch. Includes Two Greens Fees at Sunny Hill Golf Course in Greenville, Two 8-Hour Lift Tickets at Catamount in Hillsdale, and Lunch for Two at Swiss Hutte in Hillsdale. Donated by Sunny Hill, Swiss Hutte, and Catamount. Value: $210.
24. Lalique Style Glass Vase. Donated by Stissing Mountain Antiques. Value: $100.
25. Framed Print of Dog with Children, c. 1900. Donated by Greg McEldowney. Value: $75.
26. “Basket of Cheer.” Includes 11 Wines. Donated by Marcia Sullivan. Value: $175.
27. “Longways,” Pressed Paper Pulp, String Inclusions, Colored Fibers by Ken Polinskie. Donated by Ken Polinskie. Value: $1,000.
28. Antique Oil Painting on Canvas, c. 1900. Value: $200.
29. Gift Certificate, Cat Spay or Neuter. Donated by East Greenbush Animal Hospital. Value: Unknown.
30. “American Quilt,” Handmade Quilt, 54” x 38”. Donated by Elsie Perez. Value: $100.
31. Oil Painting by Dorothy Powell Purello. Donated by Dorothy Powell Purello. Value: $1,200.
32. Oil Painting by Maj Kalfus. Donated by Maj Kalfus. Value: $350.
33. “Lower Hudson,” Oil Painting by Robin Guthridge. Donated by Robin Guthridge. Value: $165.
34. “After The Fall,” Oil Painting by Leslie Gabosh. Donated by Leslie Gabosh. Value: $250.
35. “Parade Kids & Dog,” Scherenschnitte (Paper Cutting) by Pam Dalton. Donated by Pam Dalton. Value: $175.
36. Dog Bowl, Designed by Jacqueline Rogers. Value: Unknown .
37. Dog Bowl, Designed by Emily McCully. Value: Unknown.
38. Dog Bowl, Signed by Jockeys, including Angel Cordero, Julien Leparoux, Alan Garcia, Robert Landry, Cornelio Velasquez, Mike Luzzi, Ramon Dominguez, Richard Migliore, Shaun Bridgmohan, Kent Desormeaux, Sevastion Morales, Jorge Chavez, John Velasquez, Mike Smith, Robby Albarado, and Calvin Borel. Value: Unknown.
39. Samson and Delilah Stuffed Bulldogs with Collars. Donated by Gayle Skluzacek. Value: $195.
40. Dog Bowl, Designed by Roger Mason. Value: Unknown.
41. “Fruit,” Oil Painting by Patricia Gravett. Donated by Patricia Gravett. Value: $250.
42. Dog Bowl, Designed by Ruth Reichl. Includes “Endless Feasts,” Book Edited by Ruth Reichl. Value: Unknown.
43. Picasso Print. Donated by Irwin Horowitz. Value: $250.
44. Day At The Races Package. Includes Box Seats, Parking, and Program. Donated by NYRA. Value: $1,500.
45. Spa Package at Casa Urbana in Hudson. Donated by Casa Urbana. Value: $410
46. Wool Persian Rug. Donated by Angelika Westerhoff. Value: $1,750.
47. Child’s Bed. Donated by Angelika Westerhoff. Value: $380.
48. Fireplace Cover. Donated by Angelika Westerhoff. Value: $1,200.
49. Schoolmaster’s Desk, c. 1880. Donated by Angelika Westerhoff. Value: $3,750.
50. Antique Opium Pillow (Ceramic Cat). Donated by Eustace & Zamus. Value: $265.
51. Red Venetian Glass Table Lamp. Donated by Lili and Loo. Value: $245.
52. Gift Basket – Wine Tasting for Six People, $100 Red Barn Gift Certificate, and Wine Placemats. Donated by Hudson-Chatham Winery and Red Barn. Value: $225.
53. “New Lebanon Basket.” Includes Two Bottles of Wine, Two Tickets to The Theater Barn, and Gift Certificates from Country Caretaker, Bucky’s Bagels, and Mario’s Restaurant. Donated by each individual business. Value: $168.
54. “Valatie Package.” Includes Gift Certificates from Chris’s Café, Zia Pizza, Crazy Daisy Florist, Hair Zone, Fantastic Sam, and Rebekah’s Salon. Donated by each individual business. Value: $200.
55. “Philmont Package.” Includes Gift Certificates from Vanderbilt House, Local 111, and Main Street Public House. Donated by each individual business. Value: $150.
56. Lyon’s Lake $50 Gift Certificate and Four Bottles of Wine With Glasses. Donated by Lyon’s Lake. Value: $125.
57. Gift Lot – Cashmere Throw and Two Designer Pillows. Donated by Circa Decorating/Janice Patterson. Value: $550.
58. Jelly/Jam Medley and Lemonade Pitcher. Donated by Beth’s Kitchen. Value: $155.
59. “Journal of the Plague Year” by Lloyd Constantine (Autographed), and “Collages” by John Ewans. Donated by Mark McDonald. Value: $100.
60. Coat Rack. Donated by Countryside Woodcraft. Value: $215.
61. Wood and Rope Rocker. Donated by Angelika Westerhoff. Value: $80.
62. Gift Certificate, Dog Spay or Neuter. Donated by East Greenbush Animal Hospital. Value: Unknown.
63. “Kids’ Package.” Includes a Bicycle Helmet, Four Box Tickets to Troy Valley Cats, Two Nights of Bowling for Four at Chatham Bowl, Two Skate Parties for Eight People at Skate Factory. Donated by each individual business. Value: $300.
64. Animal Print. Donated by Traditions/Pam Kline. Value: $140.
65. Four Greens Fees at Winding Brook Country Club and Samascott’s Gift Certificate. Donated by each individual business. Value: $120.
66. “Basket of Cheer II.” Includes Core Vodka, Maker’s Mark 46, Bacardi Rum, Miller’s Gin, and José Cuervo. Donated by Ron Perez, Jr., Harvest Spirits, and East Chatham Wines & Spirits. Value: $200.
67. Stratocaster and Amplifier, Autographed by David Cassidy. Donated by David Cassidy. Value: Unknown.
68. “David Cassidy and Friends,” Watercolor Painting, Autographed on Reverse by David Cassidy. Donated by Geraldine Bilinski-Tracz. Value: $1,000.
69. 2010 Summer Paw Picnic Poster, Autographed by David Cassidy. Value: Unknown
There will be lots not listed in the program containing decorative dog bowls by renowned artists and celebrities.
- Thank you to Seth Fallon of Copake Auction for once again donating his time to be our Auctioneer.